How to Decide Between Managing a Property Yourself or Using a Property Management Company
As one of the fastest growing areas in NC, the Research Triangle region offers the beauty of the country, the accessibility of the city, all at a price tag you can accept. Investing in the rental market in this area can offer attractive returns if you manage your new purchase well. To maximize the return on your investment, consider the pros and cons of managing your property on your own vs. engaging the services of a property management company.
Call Block & Associates at (919) 459-6300 or contact us online to learn how our experienced team can meet your unique property needs!
The Disadvantages of Managing Your Own Property
Did you strike gold with a recent property investment or are you planning on purchasing a property soon? If you did, you may have found yourself at a crossroads between managing the property on your own vs. hiring a property manager. Much of this decision will come down to how much time you have.
First, consider what property management entails:
- Rental agreements (including gathering monthly rent/deposits)
- 24/7 maintenance and repair needs
- Zone regulations
- HOA fees
- Tenant acquisition
- Tenant and vendor communications
- Eviction enforcement
- Move-in/move-out inspections and damage assessments
While self-management can save you money, property management will save you time and effort, ensuring sure things are resolved efficiently and professionally. Without a property management company, you become the point person for the day-to-day needs of your property. If you have never attempted self-management before, you may be surprised by the number of issues that will come your way daily.
Simplify your life by engaging the expertise of a property management company to protect your Fayetteville or Raleigh area investment. Call Block & Associates Realty today at 919-459-6300 to get started.
The Advantages of Choosing a Property Management Company
You’ve set yourself up for success with your North Carolina investment property, but now it’s time to really examine how to make it work for you
The property management checklist can feel overwhelming when you are doing it all on your own. Partnering with an experienced property management company takes all of this off your plate freeing, you up to focus on other life and work priorities.
Our team at Block & Associates covers all the details for you. Our experienced management team will:
- Screen all potential occupants to protect your investment.
- Serve as your point of contact when needs or emergencies arise
- Follow the marketing trends to make sure your property is priced well and easily found.
- Keep your tenants happy to decrease tenant turnover and keep your investment stable.
- Apply our knowledge of the landlord-tenant and fair housing laws in North Carolina to protect you from any potential lawsuits or hits on your investment.
- Provide you with maintenance and repair discounts with local vendors we have established relationships with.
- Give you the peace of mind you need to grow your investment while not losing sleep over it.
Block & Associates Realty has been serving North Carolina for over two decades. Contact us today at 919-459-6300 to make sure all your property and tenant needs are met!
Why Choose Block & Associates?
When it comes to investment property management, don’t roll the dice. Choose a professional company with the experience you require to protect your asset and maximize your ROI. Choose Block & Associates’ team of over 40 full-time professionals to represent your property and its needs. As the largest residential property management firm in the Research Triangle, we are ready to hit the ground running so you don’t have to!
Contact Block & Associates Realty today at 919-459-6300 to schedule a free rental evaluation to learn about estimated rent, rentability, and how we can carry the stress of property management for you!