Block & Associates Property Management Services in Clayton
Premium Property Management Services in Clayton
The Block & Associates team has been providing Clayton homeowners with unmatched property management solutions for over two decades. Our dedicated team of 11 property management experts is committed to protecting your investment and maximizing your return by offering the following premium services:
- Rental contract compliance. We’ll handle the correspondence and discussions between you and your tenant on you behalf, meaning you have more time on your hands to focus on your day to day. This includes the guarantee that your Clayton home abides by all rules and regulations established by your HOA, and keeping your property in prime shape to help you avoid any fines or fees. We will also complete a move-out inspection, assess any damages, charge your tenant where appropriate, and disperse security deposits with itemizations as required by the North Carolina Real Estate rules and laws.
- Maintenance arrangements. We will handle all maintenance issues and follow up to ensure all requests are addressed and completed in a timely fashion. Our preferred vendors work with us for competitive rates, saving you money and stress.
- Accounting. We provide you with monthly statements and copies of paid invoices to help you keep your finances organized and your tax prep easy. We track all of your tenants’ past-due rents, late fees, and any other outstanding charges so that you don’t have to.
- Rent receipt. We have years of experience with North Carolina landlord/tenant law, including eviction proceedings. We work with a local real estate attorney who only represents landlords, so you can rest assured you are in good hands.
- Associated costs. Our competitive rates make us the top choice for property management in Clayton. We specialize in vacancy management and renewals; we always do our best to maximize your return on investment.
Contact Us For Property Management Services
Why Choose Block & Associates for Your Clayton Property Management?
If you’d like to reap the benefits of your long-term property investment in Clayton, we are the qualified team for the job! We are the preferred real property management company in Clayton and the surrounding areas. The cornerstone of our success is our commitment to the community we serve and our mission to provide homeowners with reliable management services.
We understand the intricacies of our industry, from local zoning to associated costs and renewals. Let us be your trusted guide as you navigate the exciting venture of property management.
If you’d like to discuss your Clayton property’s management solutions and take the first step toward a hassle-free investment, give our team of friendly experts a call today at 919.459.6300 or contact us online!
The community which has grown into the Town of Clayton was built on a road cut blazed by Governor Tryon’s troops around 1770 as they marched north from New Bern to Hillsborough against the Regulators. Nearly 100 years later the railroad came through and the community had its first name—Stallings’ Station, since the depot for the North Carolina Railroad was in the home of Mrs. Sarah Stallings. The name lasted only three years, however, before officially becoming Clayton. Incorporation followed in 1869.
The new town was far from prosperous, however the Civil War made a depressed local economy even worse. Many prominent citizens moved away during that period. But, following the war, the railroad was extended and businesses began to pop up. Ashley Horne developed a successful farming and merchandising business to become one of the most successful merchants and manufacturers in all of North Carolina. Horne’s success inspired two other men, McCullers and Barbour, to open businesses that also did well, beginning an era of growth that lasted well into the next century. Some of the businesses that flourished during that time were lumber plants, a brick kiln, cotton gin, gristmill, sawmill, tobacco warehouses, cotton mills and a turpentine distillery.
By the early 1900’s, the town had become a major market for cotton, watermelons and tobacco. In 1907, the Raleigh Evening Times of nearby Raleigh wrote that there was “more money per capita in Clayton than any city its size in the world”. Unfortunately, the town lost its financial eminence in the 1930’s with the onset of the Great Depression, and its population grew slowly for the next forty years. The three local cotton mills continued to be a major source of jobs during that time, with 1,000 employees, but the local economy was modest and cotton was soon on its way out. By the early 1960’s the mills were gone and cotton was no longer a player in the local economy. But, Tobacco was in, and the population shot up for awhile before settling back down as farming became less and less profitable.
The state began to change during the 1970s. An industrial base began taking shape and residential growth was increasing in the Raleigh area nearby. Clayton’s workforce adapted, shifting to a more service/trades-oriented economy and the town began to grow once again. By 1980, the population had increased from 4,091, to 4,756 by 1990 and, then jumped to 6,973 in the year 2000 census. Today, manufacturers like Caterpillar and bio-pharmaceutical companies like Talecris and Novo Nordisk are big local employers.
Commercial development along US 70 through town has changed the face of Clayton in recent years with thriving retail and service sectors. However, downtown Clayton still boasts quaint specialty and coffee shops, a thriving financial services area, furniture stores, restaurants, jewelry stores, and more than a dozen personal care businesses. Some of Clayton’s oldest businesses such as Beddingfield’s Drugs (1919), Jones’ Lunch (1958) and TR Lee Gas & Oil (1958) still operate downtown today. In recent years, a strong effort to protect and preserve the traditional downtown has helped the area maintain its economic vigor and historic charm.
Attractions and Activities
The Clayton Center
The Clayton Youth Theater
111 East Second St
Clayton, NC 27520
Hocutt-Ellington Memorial Library
100 S. Church Street
Clayton, NC 27520
The Clayton Community Center/Community Park
Amelia Church Road
Clayton, NC 27520
Parks and Recreation
Town Government and Chamber of Commerce Guide
Town of Clayton Government
Chamber of Commerce
Contact information for the utilities for your new home.
Area Colleges & Universities
University of North Carolina
North Carolina State University
North Carolina Central University
St. Mary’s School
St. Augustine’s College
Carolina Bible College
Fayetteville State University
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Central Carolina Community College’s Chatham County Campus